Saturday, November 13, 2010

Total Wellness Transformation: Hank's Journey - People Helping People



The Diary Of A 50lb Weight Loss Journey


Hey everyone, it's Hank.

It's been another good week. Crazy busy, lots going on, but I'd rather be busy than not. Barely a month ago, I wasn't able to get out of bed, I was so sick, and now I'm feeling back to full strength. Thank goodness!

I've talked about what I'm doing, what's working and all that. This week, I want to talk about motivation, support and inspiration - all things that Carl and Team Beachbody Coaches supply in generous quantities.

Like everyone else, there are days that I don't feel like working out or it's tough to make the time. But I find I'm much less likely to make excuses now that I am seeing results. I'm changing, my body is changing and my mindset is changing. I feel better when I workout. I'm more alert throughout the day. I feel better when I go to brush my teeth and my arms are sore.

I'm not going to lie, but some days that alarm goes off early in the morning and I think "I just don't have it in me today." Then I stop myself and I think of some of the Coach success stories I've seen. I think of Dallas Carter and Josh Spencer and Cammie Lusk. I've never met them, but I've seen their stories. And I've and been moved, motivated and inspired by their journeys.

I've literally thought to myself on those mornings, "If Cammie Lusk can do it, then I need to get up and do it." That gets me out of bed and into my workout clothes and into the zone. When I am trying to push myself, I think not only of the results I want to achieve, but I think of them because they've been there and they've succeeded. And that keeps me motivated and inspired.

Team Beachbody Coaches can have a profound impact on people's lives. Carl says all the time that it's about people helping people. I can personally testify that's true. I look at the inspirational stories, the challenges they overcome, the personal connection they bring to what can be a scary, uncertain and lonely journey to travel and I salute them for what they do every day.

They get out there, they connect with people, they share their stories and they share Beachbody products to help people make positive changes to improve their health and their quality of life. They are part of a huge community of support and inspiration that helps people get results. It's pretty profound when someone can see a Coach in an infomercial or in their before & after photos and say, "If they can do it, so can I. I want that for me." And that starts them on their journey.

I saw this picture from Coach Summit 2010 recently and it really sums it up:


I'm grateful to Coaches everywhere for providing inspiration and motivation, helping change my life for the better as I work and walk this path.






Stay consistent, and it pays off. I'm feeling good, I have more energy and I'm making progress - as of today, I'm down another 2 lbs, so I'll take it!

Until next time,
Hank





No comments: