Friday, February 23, 2007

Plaid is the New White

For the last year and a half, I have worn the same thing to work every day; a white button-down collar shirt, jeans and sneakers. The simplicity was refreshing, while a bit perplexing to the people who work at Product Partners. "Don't you get bored?" "How many of these white shirts do you own?"

Over a year, every day, until last Friday. When I looked at the shirts and decided, "I'm done with that." And I put on a new shirt.


That day I gave a tour to a friend who was visiting the office, and was shocked as every person I introduced him to did a double take; "Nice shirt Carl". "I hardly recognize you!" "What happened?"

One week later, today I walked into the office at 8:30Am, and by the time I saw about the fifth person "Hey Carl" wearing my personal uniform, I realized what co-founder Jon Congdon had put them up to: Virtually everyone in the company said goodbye to my outfit, by mocking it.
Gotta love these people!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that I come to think of it, you are wearing white in most of your pictures! How do you do it? I wear white and immediate spill something!