Fourth of July weekend can be a set-back for many people who worked all spring to get their body in summer-shape. Barbecues, pot-lucks (more like "bad lucks") and over-indulging at the beer cooler can add a few thousand calories to the weekend and less "Independence" from the stored fat than you want.
It's also a time that some people might not know how to introduce the Team Beachbody business without making things uncomfortable. So I say mix up a couple of batches of these two recipes, bring along some "Watch This" DVD's and Shakeology samplers, and you should be able to surprise yourself with the number of exposures you achieve.
I got these two ideas from Angie and Blake Warrington, two founding coaches from Boise, Idaho, (where they clearly know how to make health and fitness fun!)
Angie calls this her "Gooey Shakeology Oatmeal Bar"
3 cups Oatmeal
½ cup natural Peanut Butter (you know the one that is just ground up peanuts – no added sugar or oils)
1 cup Skim Milk
Splash of Vanilla
1 teaspoon unsweetened Coco Powder
4 scoops of Chocolate Shakeology
(Or you can break it up this way if it’s too intense in the Chocolate flavor
2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology and 2 scoops Beachbody Vanilla Protein Powder)
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together first.
2. Mix in the skim milk and vanilla to blend all the flavors together.
3. Add the peanut butter last because that’s when things really get sticky
4. At this point remove any and all rings, wash your hands really good and get busy!
5. After all the ingredients are mixed together really good use a spatula to get the mixture into an 8x8 pan.
6. Press the mixture into that pan so that it lays flat. Use plastic wrap on top of the mixture to help make it easier to flatten.
7. Put it into the refrigerator for a few hours before you cut it into squares … and that’s it.
And here's Angie's "Healthiest Cocktail of the day"
4 oz of water
4 oz of Malibu Rum
Blend, enjoy, and be prepared to answer questions!