Saturday, February 14, 2009

Timing Matters

I woke up this morning at 4:45AM with alarms going off in my head. “Now. Right now. People need to start right now.” That is what I heard in my head, loud and clear and I couldn’t go back to sleep.

If you want to change your circumstance and come out of this economy with a completely redefined financial picture, now is the time to act. Now.

Screw the news about the economy. Economy-eschmonomy. When there is a shift in the marketplace, that’s the best time to take a bold step and redefine your personal situation.

Warren Buffet doesn’t buy stocks when the market is up. He buys them when they’re down. But opportunity is not all about stocks. When the marketplace turns upside down and is distracted by fear, that’s when you can take action to reposition yourself. It’s an opportunity to redefine your place in the market.

If you used to be on the bottom looking up at “the haves”, this is your chance to build a place for yourself, because “the haves” are in retreat. Disarray breeds opportunity for those who see through the near-term fear and take action.

The play right now is not to baton-down-the-hatches and just “weather the storm”. You’ve been doing too much of that anyway. Stop waiting for your chance - make your chance! Otherwise you will find yourself exactly where you were before the economy soured. The U.S. is gearing up for what I think will be a surge of creativity and productivity. That’s why this is a time to take action and position yourself for it; put the resources you have to work, be it expertise, faith in yourself, sweat, or some other value proposition. Leverage this amazing opportunity to improve your situation… but do it right now.

This is your moment, when the world broke open the existing infrastructure and is about to pour new cement to rebuild the foundation. Find opportunity and act on it. Lay your foundation for financial independence when the economy gets back to normal and things resume. Don’t get caught stuck in your prior role when the cement of this new foundation sets! You need to take action now!

These are the kind of moments that separate the people who achieve something from those who are always living at the effect of the world around them. And while I don’t like to talk about myself, let me say this: I have never been the latter. I have never lived at the effect of things. Yes, it takes persistence, focus, and courage not to simply follow, but to build something for yourself. But I don’t know how to live life any other way.

If you are tired of living without the absolute freedom you want. If you are tired of having to skimp and save, where your choices are limited by the next pay check or the mood of your employer, stop expecting so little of yourself and your life! It’s time to step up. Be bold. Step out of your comfort zone, and work to earn the freedom that’s waiting for you.

If I can do it, if any one of our coaches can do it, you can do it. You can have what you want, and this is the time to commit yourself to not just surviving, but to completely upgrading your situation and the situation of your family. The roles are shifting right now – so redefine your role before it gets defined for you by “the system.”

That’s the kind of control you have when you are fit and healthy. And that’s what being in control of your own financial destiny feels like. And for those that have joined the Beachbody Revolution, that’s what it feels like to be a coach who’s working it, working your butt off in stead of watching TV, spreading the word and building a business that pays checks every single week.

Now is the time to blow the doors off this trend of obesity because we have tools like Kathy Smith’s Project: YOU! Type 2, the world famous P90X, and the upcoming Shakeology, that will completely turn the $35 Billion weight loss industry upside down.

And now is YOUR time to get your share of it. I’m not kidding. Timing matters. Now is always the time.

http://www.end-the-trend.com/

3 comments:

misscmac said...

Carl,

This is such an excellent post! As coaches, we definitely need to act NOW to position ourselves for the future that we desire. For a long time, I was that person who would do things to please others and not want to "rock the boat". Not anymore - I desire more for my life, and will not allow ANYONE to get in the way of my dreams (even though they are trying HARD)!!

Thanks so much for your vision and your dedication to all of us coaches! We appreciate you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your recent post on my blog. I'm LOVING P90X, even though there are days it is kicking my butt! I will definitely agree with Tony when he says, "I HATE it, but I LOVE it!"

Because of a crazy work schedule, I've had to devise my own workout schedule around my work days. And because I'm a runner, I'm still trying to run at least 2 days a week - it's not easy. Yesterday I made the mistake of running 3 miles after doing Legs & Back - ugh!

Again, thank you for commenting on my blog. It's not every day the CEO of a company reads it! :-)

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

i am so wanting to get everyone i can to start working out, and it is quickly becoming my ambition to take beachbody to schools, ymcas retirement homes and even where i work (us army)i want to see everyone getting into shape.
i'm even having a friend who runs an embroidery shop make me clothing items so i can show off beach body, and my own newly found beach body.