Sunday, March 09, 2008

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

We've made it to Maui, Hawaii with the Top Beachbody Coaches from 2007. The hotel is incredible and the people we're getting to know are even better.

I caught Jon Congdon working out this morning -- I don't think we would have a business if everyone had this view as they broke their daily sweat.

Last night at the welcome dinner we kept hearing stories of coaches signing people up to be coaches in the airport, in the plane, at the hotel. The buzz from the Summit is creating a very cool ripple effect. (It doesn't hurt to be standing next to Tony Horton when passers by recognize the best selling trainer on TV of this year!) So we created a little unofficial competition: The Big Kahuna Award"... Whichever of the Top Coaches signs the most people between Friday night and Tuesday when we board the boat for the whale watching cruise will be awarded a Tiki statue (I sort of stole it from the hotel dining room... I suppose it will appear on my room bill) and that coach will be named the "Big Kahuna" until the next trip.


I think it's going to be a fun time. We start shooting interviews for the infomercial this morning after the group breakfast at the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a restaurant. I'm not kidding. That's the name of the restaurant (and the state fish). I'm going to call directory assistance later to see how hard it is to get the operator to look up the number.

No comments: