Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Team Beachbody Message Boards

When we say the heart of Beachbody Coaching and body transformation success is "Play, Shake and Share", the "share" part is where many people give me a blank stare. That's because, SHARE is what's unique here, so it takes a little creativity and a leap of faith. But we've seen the power of peer-to-peer support help people overcome obstacles over and over again. Sharing and supporting can be as easy as talking to friends and neighbors about what you are doing, posting YouTube updates or blog updates on your progress, or even visiting the Team Beachbody message boards and encouraging people as you share your own story.

Any small daily effort to reinforce your "play/shake" habits will do two things: Help you maintain your commitment and help others understand that this is for real.

Eight years ago, our message boards were the first evidence we had of the power of "sharing". (Think "Weight watchers" support meeting, but online.) The boards are the very soul of Beachbody. The power of the boards is not in their size, but in how it's possible to start a forum with your story and begin to support people and share success on the very same program you or your customers are using right now.

Use the message boards to journal your own process or to simply create a challenge of your own like ShawnMareS did with her PRE-NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION CHALLENGE.

You'll find that as a few others join in the conversation, the boards aren't a vast hoard of people and a tower of babble, but a collection of smaller groups helping each other succeed based on some common interest.


ShawnMareS
Posted 09-21-08 07:33 AM
"... I radically changed my body and my life in 90 days using Beachbody's Power 90 In-Home Boot Camp and Slimming Formula. I lost 54 pounds, 35.5 inches, 10% body fat, and 5 pant sizes in the first 90 days. It has now been a little less than 5 months and I have lost more than 72 pounds and gone from wearing 24W/22W to wearing regular size 14s. When I started I was morbidly obese and on the verge of scheduling gastric bypass, now my BMI is no longer in the obesity range!!! To go from morbidly obese to no longer obese before my 40th birthday was my main goal and thanks to Beachbody I have achieved that goal and my birthday is not until this coming Thursday. I feel so blessed that I felt compelled to share my story with you on this forum today for anyone who may feel discouraged. If I can do it - so can you!!!!!!! Hang in there, stick with it, it does and will work!!!!!Shawn Marie (screen name: ShawnMarieS)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carl,

How do you do it? How do you inspire millions of people to become more active and to take control of thier lives? Our health is so important and the benefits that a healthy body has on a healthy mind can't be underestimated. Hats off.
Go Power 90X!!

Anonymous said...

Carl
I am 54 years old. Have been doing P90X for 1 year and it's been great. Really starting to round into "supersonic X style fit shape". Just came back from a 5 day ski trip to CO and I was really pleased with my power and endurance at high altitude skiing 6/7 hours a day. However, Even after 1 year, when I do Plyo or Legs or even Core synergistics, My Quads get incredibly sore and stay sore for several days. It's kind of odd in that my legs were my best feature even before p90X. I've tried revovery drinks, tiger balm etc after the workout however, my quads still get so sore that 3 days post leg workout, it's hard to even go down the steps. any thoughts?

Carl Daikeler said...

That's EXACTLY the kind of information you can get help with as member of the Team Beachbody community! Whether you need a coach, or want to be a coach, Team Beachbody is the place to start!

Carl
www.end-the-trend.com