Thursday, October 28, 2010

Total Wellness Transformation: Hank's Journey - Back In the Game

Welcome To Hank's Journey: Total Wellness Transformation - Diary Of A 50lb Weight Loss

Hey, everyone, it's Hank here! I'm finally starting to feel human again. I'm still resting and repairing and on the road to full recovery, but I feel a whole heckuva lot b
etter this week than I did the week before. So good, in fact, that I have been able to ease myself back into working out.

I'm following the advice of everyone - my doctor, friends, YOU - and being careful not to overdo it. I can't afford a relapse. I can actually feel my body readjusting and recalibrating itself as we shift gears again. I had to take a little break, but now I'm back in it to win it.

I'm still enjoying my beloved Shakeology for breakfast and lunch
, plus some healthy, high protein snacks at regular intervals. I'm aware that I am actually reprogramming my metabolism, among other things, so it's essential to keep fueling my body as it repairs and gets back into the groove of things. I'm making sure I give it fuel throughout the day so it doesn't go into starvation mode and hold onto what I'm working hard to lose.

As for working out, I'm not pushing myself or getting crazy. It felt great to get back into that routine. Mostly some good cardio and light resistance training. I got a little overzealous my 2nd day back and got a little dizzy and had to remind myself not to push too hard, but other than that, it's been good. I'm a little sore, but it's good soreness - the kind you earn.

I'm still eating a high protein meal in the evening (mostly grilled chicken or pork) and it's funny how the old cravings are not there anymore. When people at work h
ave giant cupcakes or go out for fast food or have Halloween candy out on their desks, it feels good not to be tempted. Frankly, I'd rather have some apple slices and a handful of raw almonds instead because I know it's giving me what my body needs, as opposed to stuff that might taste good in the short term but provides no nutritional value.

So that's this week's update. Thanks to Carl and all the Team Beachbody Coaches for the encouraging comments and support. I was on the bench for a bit, but now I'm back in the game and pushing ahead. Looks like it's working, because I'm down nearly 4 pounds!



1 comment:

screwdestiny said...

Love the new attitude about food now! You're doing great!