Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shakeology and the "Powerful Rejuvenator"

If you've ever wandered the aisles of a vitamin store, you've probably been as perplexed as I have been about just how many of these little bottles am I supposed to use each day to have energy, great health, etc. etc?

That's what's great about Shakeology... A whole lot of those supplements exist in their high quality, whole food form, in a high-protein chocolate or berry shake.
We talk a lot about how Shakeology gives you energy, but it's not caffeine and sugar energy like Red-Bull type energy drinks. I think one of the Shakeology ingredients which is responsible for that quality energy is Ashwagandha, also known as Rasayana which means "Powerful Rejuvenator" in Ayurvedic. According to some reading I've done, it has been used for thousands of years to treat inflammation, fevers, and to protect against infection and illness in India and Africa.
When it comes to energy, the adrenal gland can make or break you. Supporting the adrenals is important especially when you are active. On a site called Tattva's, which sells this herb in an isolated capsule, here's what they say about this interesting Shakeology ingredient, and how it can improve the performance of the adrenals especially in support of your exercise routine:

It has rejuvenative properties that produce energy, which in turn helps the body to calm down and sleep. Thus it helps the body address a stress-related condition rather than masking it with sedatives. Recent research points out that Ashwagandha may be the best herb to take to maintain normal adrenal levels. Caffeine, nicotine, processed foods and processed sugar all take their toll on the adrenal glands and leave the victim fatigued, depressed and often bewildered as to what to do with themselves. One of the special properties of Ashwagandha is that it will enhance Ojas. In Sanskrit, Ojas literally means "vigor" and according to Ayurvedic theory, is the most subtle, refined level of the physical body and, in fact, is its essential energy. Ojas is the sap of one's life energy and is the end result of healthy food which is properly digested. It is responsible for a healthy immune system, reproductive processes, physical strength, lustrous complexion, clarity of mind and sense of well-being. It allows consciousness to flow within the body. With decreased ojas, we are less in touch with ourselves and more prone to weakness, fatigue and to experiencing a sense of disharmony. Ojas depletion can be caused by stress. Ashwagandha is known to relieve the body from these stress-related weaknesses by specializing in the building of ojas and rejuvenating the body, thus maintaining a healthy balance of physical energies. Ashwagandha can also be a natural training aid and its use is becoming popular in sports and athletics. When you train hard, you walk a very fine line between overtraining and training just enough. Even in perfect circumstances, training by itself is a stress on the body. To get the maximum performance from your muscles, you require just the right amount of training coupled with appropriate rest and recovery periods. Overtraining means too much cortisol which leads to the consumption of muscle protein by the body and thus performance suffers. Endurance athletes who train heavily, such as long-distance runners and cyclists, are very prone to infections, as excess cortisol produced in response to the heavy training load suppresses the immune system. It can also lead to muscle and tendon tears because the muscles are weakened due to protein loss under the influence of cortisol.

That's what I love about this shake! Shakeology gives me the confidence of knowing I am getting the best of the best, in one fantastic shake each day, but instead of opening up 70 bottles of pills and powders to get these ingredients, I open up one cool looking bag. Is it lunch time yet?

9 comments:

Wudpkr said...

After finding my perfect mixture with Greenberry and Juice, I am loving this shake.. I feel like my overall health has gotten much more solid after taking this..

Thanks for continuing to offer great products, it makes being a coach much easier. As I can truly stand behind what I am promoting.

dianemary126 said...

Carl,

I can't thank you enough for helping to create a product that is truly exceptional beyond words!!

Not only has my energy been through the roof, but I am in absolutely NO PAIN with my fibromyalgia & MPS.

Of course exercise and Total Body Solutions helps me tremendously- it's a difference of night and day. But I I still always have had some little nagging aches and stabbing pain at some point daily anyway. I forgot what it was like to just feel normal, 110% pain free and figured this was just part of my life.

I've been taking shake for a week, I've felt the way a human should feel for a week! I can't even begin to express my gratitude and overwhelming happiness. I love feeling like a normal, hyper, on the run 23 year old! It's incredible!

THANK YOU AGAIN! =)

Carl Daikeler said...

That is an amazing testimonial to the product. I guess this is where the attorneys would tell me to type "results not typical" and "consult your doctor" and all that.

Regardless, I know you've been working hard to figure things out, and I am really pleased you've made such incredible progress!

Anonymous said...

Carl,

Was going to email you then decided to post here instead. A HUGE "Thank You" to you and all the folks who helped created Shakeology. (Please go give them all hugs for me!) Spending so much time over the course four and a half months barely sleeping and surviving on protein bars and diet coke (as well as truly frightening hospital food) had left me with an internal sense of something just being wrong with my body. Getting back to normal ...well normal for us...and eating heathier didn't seem to be making an impact.

That all changed last Thursday when I started drinking a glass of Greenberry (scary looking as it is!) every morning. Within hours I felt more at ease than I have in a long time. Within 48 hours my body felt at peace with itself, the sense of imbalance and wrongness just disappeared. I'm sleeping better, waking easier, and the feeling of never being able to figure out what exactly I needed to eat to shut my body up is gone as well. HURRAY! I can't even begin to tell you how good that feels.

Did experience some off and on flushing the first day, probably all those B vitamins my body wasn't used to. The frequency and length of those slowed each day and have not been noticeable the last three days.

Haven't been brave enough yet to mix this stuff with water, but its great tasting with both milk and juice.

Many, many thanks for bringing this product to the market. I've no doubts it will be a blessing to everyone who tries it. As for me, I've already tucked a BB shaker filled with single serve baggies of the mix into my "off to the ER" emergency bag. LOL Next time I'm terrified and stressed out I will also be filling my body with exactly what it needs to cope best.

Virginia

Steve Edwards said...

It's great in just water, Gin. But then you know that I'll eat anything that's good for me;) But this time I think most people will agree with me. Very glad to hear it's helping you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love those comments... enough to make us Canadians jealous. I know you can't get this here in Canada yet but do you foresee us enjoying this 'miracle' drink soon.

Stephane

Carl Daikeler said...

We are speaking with Canada right now, and hopefully by summer every scoop of health we are enjoying in the States will be available for Canadian customers to import for your personal use!

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that Shakeology will be available in Canada in the summer....

William

JudyZavislak said...

Carl, it was great to hear you on the call last night talk about the excellent development team, and how they won't compromise their standards! We don't want them to! :-)

I've been using Shakeology since the summit. I have seen better energy and have been sleeping better, but I hesitate to say that is all due to Shakeology until I'm using it a bit longer. An increase in energy could be due to so many things.

One thing I'm very hopeful for is that it may help to reduce my husband's high cholesterol. I've been making him a shake every morning. He had his cholesterol tested right before we started this, so it should be a good test. I'll report back in a few months when he gets it tested again.

What I CAN say about my experiance with Shakeology so far is...

1) It tastes AWESOME! I actually CRAVE the chocolate mixed with crushed ice and almond milk!

2) It's filling. That makes it a great meal replacement shake, and at 140 calories (200 with my almond milk), that's bound to have an effect on weight loss.

Thanks for all of the care and diligence the team puts into this!

~ Judy