Saturday, December 11, 2010

Total Wellness Transformation: Hank's Journey - I Choose...

The Diary Of A 50lb Weight Loss Journey

It's Hank, here!

I hope you're enjoying your Holiday Season; managing to incorporate some healthy choices and staying consistent - 'cuz that's what I'm choosing to do!

This time of year, temptation is everywhere and though
you might try to avoid it, sometimes it sneaks up on you. For example, this week in my office there were multiple deliveries of gifts from vendors, suppliers, customers, etc. to show their appreciation for our hard work throughout the year.

Many of these deliveries consisted of giant food baskets: cookies, b
rownies, muffins, gourmet chocolates, cakes, candy - heck, one vendor even sent several individuals full-sized frozen red velvet cheesecakes from a very well known restaurant chain whose name includes the very product they are famous for.

Everywhere I turn, there is some sugary, sweet treat out for everyone to enjoy. So staying consistent is a challenge with all that around. But it's not impossible. You (I) just have to choose to go with healthier options that are enhancing to you (me). You (I) can choose the be consistent. You (I) can choose to stay on track.

I'm going to a Holiday party this weekend and everyone is supposed to bring a dessert. I'm sure the usual rich, sugary treats will be there, but I'm doing something different. Carl challenged us to give
healthy gifts to everyone we know this year, so I'm making Chocolate Shakeology sorbet!

Plenty of ice, water, Shakeology, some lite coconut milk and some peppermint extract - blend it until it's really thick and then put it in the freezer for an hour or so and boom! - healthy, delicious Holiday treat without the guilt! Plus, it'll be a great conversation starter to share the Shakeology goodness with others.

I've found that since I've been eating cleaner and working out consistently, I'm simply not as tempted by thes
e treats. I'm seeing continuous progress, I'm burning fat and replacing it with muscle and my body is changing. Not in a crazy, radical way, but in a gradual, safe way that makes sense because my lifestyle is changing. And it's going to be a lasting change. (I'm kinda liking the guns that are developing.)

The Holiday Season, instead
of packing on Holiday pounds, I'm choosing to keep on losing excess weight. Sure, it takes hard work, focus and discipline - but anything that is worth doing does. Will I allow myself an occasional indulgence? Sure - let's be real. But, I will limit that because I don't want to undo any of the progress I've made.

I see myself all the time, so I don't notice a major difference, but others seem to. This week alone, a senior executive was talking to several of our coworkers and me and he stopped abruptly and said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! I can see it in your face!" He apologized later for embarrassing me and making the comment in front of others. No apology necessary! It was a nice validation that the hard work I'm putting in is bringing results.

Even my boss's wife noticed. I saw her in the hallway a few days ago and she hugged me and said, "My gosh, you are shrinking! What are you doing?!? You're looking great! How much have you lost?" I just told her it's clean eating, Shakeology and working out. Again, nice validation! Here's some more validation...I managed to resist all the temptations and I'm down another 2 lbs...making for a total of 33 lbs lost thus far!

I'm choosing to enjoy that! Thanks again to Carl and Team Beachbody Coaches for their support and motivation to make healthy choices and stay on the right path. And the journey continues...

Until next time,
Hank





No comments: