Saturday, December 18, 2010

Total Wellness Transformation: Hank's Journey - The Perfect Gift

The Diary Of A 50lb Weight Loss Journey

It's Hank here!


If you're like me, you're smack dab in the middle of the Holiday Season and all the challenges it brings. Challenges such as temptation, maintaining focus and discipline, finding time t
o get everything done...plus the challenge of finding the perfect gifts for your family and friends - which all comes with the pangs of desire to "reward" myself by eating something that - in the past - would have been considered a treat.

Well, this year is different for me. I'm on a new path to better health and total wellness. I'm staying consistent and seeing results. And this year, instead of buying people the latest high tech gadgets, clothes or other material objects for holiday gifts, I'm going a different route. I'm giving them the gift of health and fitness!


I'm taking a page out of Carl's playbook and putting healthy gifts in all the households I know this year. A few friends I know have been wanting to try Insanity, but are afraid to order it themselves. They'll have it now! I have a friend who is training to be a firefighter who wants to build strength and endurance but doesn't want to get bored. Boom - P90X for him! Another friend is going to Tahiti in March for her honeymoon and wants to be bikini ready - Brazil Butt Lift for her!


These are gifts that will really keep on giving. Why not give something that will help someone improve their health for the longterm? What better way to show them how much you care about them than by giving them something to help them enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life? And because I love my parents and want to keep them around for as long as I can, they are each getting Shakeology under the tree - Chocolate for my mom and Greenberry for my dad.

I've recently given myself the gift of i
mproved health and fitness and I'll tell you - it's better than any scarf or DVD movie or tech gadget because it's improved my life every day in many ways. I encourage you to look at your Holiday shopping list and think about what healthy gifts you can give to help people improve their health so you can enjoy a better New Year in 2011. (I hear the 21st if the last day to order to receive it by Jan 1 - but a card that it's coming qualifies as a gift of caring too!)

I'm still seeing progress and results. So many are either realizing the annual Holiday weight has yet reappeared or getting hammered by the Holiday flu bug that's going around. Meanwhile, I'm sticking to my Shakeology and I'm down almost another 2 lbs! I'll take it! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some last minute Holiday decorating to do to prepare for the family invasion in a few days...

Until next time,


Hank


No comments: