Sunday, October 30, 2005

All work... is dull

In case you wondered whether we're all work over here at Beachbody, here's a copy of an email string that happened the other day when my assistant was out of the office and I needed to organize a coffee run...

===========================
From: Carl Daikeler
To: Staff

This is dangerous, but… First person who emails me that they’re getting coffee across the street, I’ll buy if you pick me up a medium size dark roast.

Carl
===========================
From: Rick
To: Staff

I need to go for a walk.. I’d be happy to help you out in the process – kill two birds with one stone!

Rick
===========================
From: Carl Daikeler
To: Staff

Thanks Rick.

Oh, I forgot to add, “plus I’ll give you ten million dollars”

Enjoy!

===========================
From: Patty
To: Staff

Hey, for that much money I would have bought you a GRANDE...

===========================
From: Carl Daikeler
To: Staff

Big deal... unless GRANDE is French for "Harley"

===========================














From: Carl
To: Staff

Rick – This is the best cup of coffee I have ever had. Good work son.

You’ve got a bright future at this company. I am going downstairs to move Jon’s car so you can have his parking spot from now on. And see me later for a key, fluffy robe and slippers for our executive lounge and spa.

Carl

===========================
From: Rick
To: Staff

Relax everyone – Carl did give me the ten million dollars - but it was ten million dollars in “Beachbody store credit”. Anyone need a couple thousand copies of Power 90?

===========================
From: Patty
To: Staff

Carl:

Sounds to me like you have already had too much coffee, easy on the caffeine Mr......

Patty

===========================
From: Rick
To: Staff

Carl -

As per our conversation in the Executive Spa, here’s the revisions I would make to our site.

Rick

P.S. Thanks for the foot rub.

P.P.S. Who is "Staff"? I see he is on all of these correspondences. Does he have the true power around here? If so, does he need some coffee too?


11 comments:

irish_robbie said...

That's good stuff Carl! Just what I needed on a cold Sunday morning! :)

Thanks
RoB

PS. Do you have any idea when the rest of the Power Rick "Masters Series" are coming out?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rick!!! What a fantastic sense of humor! New site looks good. ;) However, as a spelling officer of the law, it is my duty to inform you that "geting" should be spelled as "getting"!

Thanks for the laugh, Carl!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Boy, you guys have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands over in the BB offices! JUST KIDDING!! Everybody's gotta have a little java in the a.m.


Have a great Monday, CoffeeCarl!

Sarah/Psalm9567

Anonymous said...

OMG I am away for 2 days from this site and it is Rick day on the site!! ROTFLMAO That was awesome!! Thanks for much for the ab workouts. Rick does have a bright future since he already has us doing abs. LOL

Have an EXCELLENT Week! Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle.

Rick, I think we could use some coffee over here too. I hear you deliver the best.

:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for the positive feed back. To catch you up to speed, after we launched "Rick body" our sales started to diminish - actually the only person to visit the site was my mother - 1000 times! So we made an executive decision to relaunch Beach Body - and thanks to folks like you who keep pushing play, we're back on track to achieving our goal of world total body transformation - one person at a time!

As for me... I'm back to the edit suite to work on those soon to be released Turbo Jam videos and Power 90 Master Series.

-Rick

P.S. If you haven't seen some of my other handy work - you got to see this - http://www.beachbody.com/carldance/index.html

Anonymous said...

Rick, thanks for your sense of humor. Monday was just great! You guys ROCK!

Anonymous said...

TOO TOO FUNNY !! And so much "cleaner" than the emails that run through my place of employment :0) !!

The CARL DANCE was worth passing around via email all on it's own. Totally reminded us of the last night in Hawaii and the danc'n this boy was doing ! TOO FUNNY !

thanks for the good laugh
Sarah / SIS

Anonymous said...

Carl I see you learned some new dance moves since Hawaii?! LOL, You'll have to teach them to me :)

The coffee emails were too funny!

Laurie (Ann) lol

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the beachbody products so far! I was wondering where I could go to audition for your workout videos? Please get back to me!

this1sliberal@gmail.com

Carl Daikeler said...

The best thing to do if you want to participate is to send a letter with your background/results photos and/or video.

For info, go to this website page:
http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=20&itemType=SUCCESS_STORY_HOME