Friday, February 25, 2011

Featured Coach Success Story - Paul Cravey


Featured Success Story - Paul Cravey


Team Beachbody is all about people helping people. Our comprehensive programs make it easy to have no excuses for getting fit. They take the guesswork out of eating clean and living lean and they are versatile enough to fit into any lifestyle...even if you're on active duty in the U.S. Military!


Check out this success story from Star Diamond Coach, Paul Cravey:

My name is Paul Cravey. I am a Beachbody Star Diamond Coach and wanted to share my story with you...



I'm an Army Officer currently stationed on Oahu Hawaii. In January 2009, I did my first round of P90X. Then,
after helping several more friends through the program and I became a Beachbody Coach in May of 2009 .

Though I dabbled, I didn't begin to actively Coach until September 2009,
when I was deployed to Afghanistan. As commander of a Combat Advisor Team there, my time was very limited. But I made the time for my 3rd round of P90X with one of my troops who needed the support at 5:00AM everyday. Plus, I dedicated 30 minutes of my day to building my Beachbody business virtually, via Facebook, email and the message boards.

My upline Diamond Coach Mike Meads, as well as my upline Star Diamonds Mike & Tami French were extremely supportive of me throughout my 12-month deployment. I changed the lives of a number of people in Afghanistan - civilians, soldiers, Airmen, Marines and Canadian soldiers - with face to face workouts, plus I started of a Fit Club at FOB Walton near the volatile Kandahar City.
(This Fit Club is still running today!)

Simultaneously, I built my business with coaches from my message board, Facebook and the Beachbody Customer Lead Program. I actually have more civilian coaches now than military ones.
Within 12 months while deployed to Afghanistan, I went from zero active coaches to Diamond rank. Upon my return home to Oahu, I was one star diamond within 60 days and Team Inertia continues to grow as part of Team Hawaii.

I have two real keys to success:

It's not about me. I paid this fitness gift forward to anyone who wanted it. I enabled their success. Regardless of who they were and where they were located, I made their physical fitness and well being my priority. The signup of Coaches came from those who appreciated that gift and wanted to pay it forward themselves. I signed a few coaches who were about the money, but they're never as successful as those who follow the "fitness first" model. I do believe in Karma and if you make this business about your clients and not yourself, it will pay you back in spades.

Use all the knives in the drawer. I didn't have the option to interact and share
the Beachbody opportunities face-to-face with people in everyday life. I was often gone for a week or two at a time with no computer contact. My upline supported me and I used every minute of social media I had to the max. I made videos of us doing P90X & Insanity and posted them to You Tube, Facebook and our Message Board. I ran a very active message board and I streamed my fitness experience.

Once I returned to Oahu it seemed easy compared to that. Now I've added monthly booths at fitness events, fit clubs and our own Team call with a 90 Days to Diamond Group just around the corner.


I went Diamond in less than 12 months while in Afghanistan on a combat tour. Then Star Diamond in 60 days. There are no excuses! i went from zero dollars per month to over $1,000 per month on average. Though I love leading soldiers and flying attack helicopters with all my heart, Beachbody will likely one day replace this career.

The potential is amazing. Even if it doesn't, it will by me a house on the North Shore of Oahu. This I know. In the meantime, I will use Beachbody to bring my troops to a higher level of fitness and durability over the next couple of years.


That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!








2 comments:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Wow congrats to you Paul! Your drive and care for others is very inspirational to say the least.

Look how you have changed lives and now are reaping the rewards. I hope you get just the house you want, you deserve it!

ps, Carl thanks for the share of this great success story.

Oliver said...

I am SO impressed! SO SO! I am going to show this to my mom. She is turning 60 this year and has about 30-40 pounds to lose. I know she would LOVE to find something that will work for her but she sees me doing P90X and Insanity and I think she's scared of all Beachbody programs! ha ha
I've been thinking about ordering her Slim-in-6 for a while but now I really think it might be just the perfect thing! Thanks Demi and WAY TO GO MOM!!!