Saturday, February 19, 2011

Total Wellness Transformation: Hank's Journey - It Ain't Easy

Hank here!

I've had something on my mind for awhile and I need to vent. I don't know about you, but I've been noticing more and more ads for medical weight loss procedures - they're everywhere. On TV, billboards, bus stops, radio, online. Heck, even the buses themselves are plastered with huge ads for surgical centers waiting to give you the lap band or gastric bypass procedure. And it kinda bugs me. (And not just because the jingle gets stuck in my head.)

I'm not passing judgment on those who choose that option. I just think it's a perceived quick and easy fix for a complex problem... and then what?

Like you, I am embracing a healthier lifestyle and striving to improve my quality of life. But it ain't easy and it ain't quick. It takes discipline to eat clean and workout every day, but the results I'm seeing are worth it.

In one of the commercials urging you to let your new life begin by getting the lap band procedure, they show a woman who lost a tremendous amount of weight in a very short time and can now play and be active with her children. Congrats on the weight loss, but when they show her in the park playing with her kids, the kids are unfit and uninterested.

I have to wonder what kind of a message that
sends to them? What if parents modeled a healthy lifestyle, clean eating and kept kids active instead of resorting to drastic invasive surgical procedures? How about a different lifestyle change? That's the kind of change Beachbody is making in the world to End The Trend.

Beachbody doesn't offer a miracle solution. No magic pill to make you shed the pounds, no super vibrating dumbbell to shake off the weight. What Beachbody does is give you the tools to succeed. There's just one catch - you have got to put in the work!

With Beachbody programs, you get support at every turn. You know what to do, when to do it, what to shop for, what to eat and when - there is no guesswork. But you will need to put in plenty of work. You need to show up, to stay focused and committed. It isn't easy, but nothing worth doing ever is, right?

If you haven't seen the new P90X show "The Re
ason" - watch it! Carl gave you the world premiere a few days ago, right here on his blog, so check it out. These stories are amazing and inspirational. People have transformed their bodies, their health and their lives. It wasn't a quick fix and it wasn't easy, but each one of them will agree it was worth it.

Whatever program or fitness regimen you choose, do what works for you and stay committed.

I had a busy week and now I am enjoying a few days of vacation from work, not from my goals.
I'm down another 4lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 59.4lbs! I'm still eating clean, enjoying Shakeology and I already hit it hard this morning and got my workout done, so now I can enjoy the rest of my day and long weekend. I hope you do the same.

Until next time,
Hank

(Sorry about the sweat on the scale. I told you I hit it hard this morning!)


No comments: