Saturday, January 08, 2011

Total Wellness Transformation: New Feels Better



The Diary Of A 50lb Weight Loss Journey


It's Hank here and it's Super Saturday! 2011 is going to be amazing and with one week of it down already, I'm excited. Across the country, people are choosing to take charge of their health and their future and it feels good to be one of them.

It was a very long, stressful, hectic week which in the past, might have been reason enough to make poor choices. But it's a new year and a n
ew mindset. I'm happy to say I didn't slip into old habits, but instead I embraced my new way of thinking and was able to stay focused, stay consistent and stay on target.

Due to extreme deadlines at work, I didn't get as much rest as I sho
uld have, but thanks to Shakeology and my new mindset, I was able to power through and feed my body quality fuel, not junk that leaves me running on fumes.

I've been making better choices which gets easier all the time. I can still go to my favorite burger place...only now I get the burger protein style. Instead of onion rings and a shake on the side, a giant water and a fresh salad. And I like it.

Working late this week, the rest of the cre
w ordered in greasy pizza, wings and heavy pasta. I stuck with grilled chicken breast and a salad - and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

Coming home after a long day at work used to be the perfect excuse to drive thru or order-in the bad stuff. Now, I choose to go with the lean protein I have already prepared and have waiting for me, so it's easier to avoid temptation.

My early morning workouts have become not just habit, but ritual. I use that time to get in the zone, focus on what I want to accomplish that day and I get my day started right. I love the feeling after working out hard, sweat pouring down. I've already accomplished something and the day has barely begun. I showed up, I put in the work and I'm going to get the results I want.

Good habits are taking root. This brings results. I am impatient by nature, so I do have to keep reminding myself this is a marathon, not a sprint. But I'm having fun on the journey and I am doing this for me, first and foremost, so why beat myself up? This new mindset took some adjusting to, but I've got to admit, new feels better!

Since it's been such a long week, I'm going to get a good night's sleep so I can avoid getting sick with everything going around and be productive tomorrow. I'm excited to see what the rest of 2011 has in store. Congrats to Carl and all of Team Beachbody for hitting another MAJOR milestone - over 50,000 Coaches! Amazing! Your support and inspiration is changing lives - and not just mine.

Speaking of milestones, I'm down another 2.6lbs, for a total weight loss of 42.6lbs!

Until next time,
Hank




No comments: